NOW TAKING NCCWSL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS until January 31, 2020:
This year’s National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL) conference is fast approaching. The AAUW Kansas State Board is excited to offer one Kansas collegiate woman the opportunity to attend the 2020 conference with a travel incentive scholarship of up to $750.
Click here for the application form for the state scholarship. Applicant is required to apply for a National scholarship also.
Here are the state scholarship requirements:
- Applicant must be a female student in good standing currently enrolled in a Kansas 2- or 4-year institution (2019-2020 academic year).
- Applicant must apply for an AAUW National NCCWSL Scholarship before February 16, 2020.
- The application must be typed and submitted in one complete portable document format (pdf) file, including 1) completed application, 2) references, and 3) proof of application for AAUW National NCCWSL scholarship to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2020.
- Scholarship recipient must speak (preferably in person) at the AAUW State Annual Meeting in Manhattan, Kansas in April 2021.
Please direct questions and completed applications to email@example.com.
Mark Your Calendar
*** Saturday, April 25, 2020 ***
The State Board is pleased to announce the Kansas Annual Meeting will be held Saturday, April 25, 2020 on the campus of the Kansas City Kansas Community College. On the agenda – KCKCC AAUW student organization presentation; meet the 2019 NCCWSL Scholarship Winner, Karol Pineda; a celebration of the 19th Amendment Centennial; AAUW updates and more. Look for full details in the next newsletter and on the website.
Make plans now to attend!
What can you do in 75 minutes?
- Make dinner
- Watch two episodes of my favorite sitcom
- Learn how to increase my lifetime income by $200,000
Take time this week and complete this program online. Share this with others after you complete the WORK SMART online workshop. Whether you are currently in the workforce or not, this workshop is for you! ALL OF US can improve our negotiating skills!
Here’s some proof that WORK SMART can work!
“I lowballed my net worth for a large part of my career, only to be frustrated down the road in a job where I don’t feel like I’m being paid what I’m worth. I joined the local AAUW after I learned about AAUW’s work on pay equity and salary negotiation.”— Alyssa R., AAUW salary negotiation workshop participant (from aauw.org website)